Touchdown Walney Terriers gridiron fans have a ball
Last updated at 16:39, Monday, 11 February 2013
FURNESS’ only American football team had a late night on Sunday, staying up to watch the finalé of the NFL season.
The Walney Terriers’ own end-of-season awards doubled up as a Super Bowl party as players and gridiron fans watched Baltimore Ravens defeat San Francisco 49ers at The Ormsgill Hotel.
The Ravens led for most of the game, though a lights failure and a strong 49ers comeback threatened to scupper their chances of winning a second-ever title.
Terriers player-chairman Rob Steele said: “It was a really good game in the end.
“The 9ers really came back into it, I was really surprised, because after the first quarter you thought it’s the Ravens all the way. But the 9ers really came back into it and they turned it into a proper free-for-all.”
First published at 15:32, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|