Touchdown Walney Terriers gridiron fans have a ball
Last updated at 16:39, Monday, 11 February 2013
FURNESS’ only American football team had a late night on Sunday, staying up to watch the finalé of the NFL season.
The Walney Terriers’ own end-of-season awards doubled up as a Super Bowl party as players and gridiron fans watched Baltimore Ravens defeat San Francisco 49ers at The Ormsgill Hotel.
The Ravens led for most of the game, though a lights failure and a strong 49ers comeback threatened to scupper their chances of winning a second-ever title.
Terriers player-chairman Rob Steele said: “It was a really good game in the end.
“The 9ers really came back into it, I was really surprised, because after the first quarter you thought it’s the Ravens all the way. But the 9ers really came back into it and they turned it into a proper free-for-all.”
First published at 15:32, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|