Touchdown Walney Terriers gridiron fans have a ball
Last updated at 16:39, Monday, 11 February 2013
FURNESS’ only American football team had a late night on Sunday, staying up to watch the finalé of the NFL season.
The Walney Terriers’ own end-of-season awards doubled up as a Super Bowl party as players and gridiron fans watched Baltimore Ravens defeat San Francisco 49ers at The Ormsgill Hotel.
The Ravens led for most of the game, though a lights failure and a strong 49ers comeback threatened to scupper their chances of winning a second-ever title.
Terriers player-chairman Rob Steele said: “It was a really good game in the end.
“The 9ers really came back into it, I was really surprised, because after the first quarter you thought it’s the Ravens all the way. But the 9ers really came back into it and they turned it into a proper free-for-all.”
First published at 15:32, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|