Touchdown Walney Terriers gridiron fans have a ball
Last updated at 16:39, Monday, 11 February 2013
FURNESS’ only American football team had a late night on Sunday, staying up to watch the finalé of the NFL season.
The Walney Terriers’ own end-of-season awards doubled up as a Super Bowl party as players and gridiron fans watched Baltimore Ravens defeat San Francisco 49ers at The Ormsgill Hotel.
The Ravens led for most of the game, though a lights failure and a strong 49ers comeback threatened to scupper their chances of winning a second-ever title.
Terriers player-chairman Rob Steele said: “It was a really good game in the end.
“The 9ers really came back into it, I was really surprised, because after the first quarter you thought it’s the Ravens all the way. But the 9ers really came back into it and they turned it into a proper free-for-all.”
First published at 15:32, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (9 comments)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (7 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria Health boss warns parents over cigarette-like devices
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|