Thousands come to see Olympic torch light South Lakes
Last updated at 10:59, Thursday, 28 June 2012
THOUSANDS of people turned out on Thursday evening to welcome the Olympic torch to Bowness – despite torrential rain!
The weather did not dampen spirits as the crowds watched the torch be delivered into Bowness by Windermere Lake Cruises’ MV Tern, before enjoying a concert featuring Kendal band British Sea Power and pop singer Katy B.
The evening culminated in the world premier of On the Night Shift, a spectacular music and fireworks, show by French company Les Commandos Percu.
First published at 14:01, Friday, 22 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Send us your photos
1. Via Twitter Use hashtag #NWEMsocialpics
2. Via Facebook Message us or tag us in the photo. Our Facebook page is at facebook.com/northwesteveningmail
3. From your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
4. Use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
Email larger files directly to email@example.com
The form . . .
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|