Tap-and-go at post office
Published at 14:08, Friday, 08 June 2012
The Post Office is starting the roll-out of contactless tap-and-go payment technology to its 30,000 counter positions next week.
Terminals enabling people to make small payments with just one swipe will be available across the network of more than 11,500 branches, making transactions faster and more convenient, the Post Office said.
The scheme will be launched next Wednesday in almost 200 branches around various Olympic sites and is expected to be completed by the end of October.
The Post Office said the initiative will be the largest deployment of contactless technology in Europe and will put the terminals within three miles of 99 per cent of the UK population.
Contactless schemes allow customers to make small payments by tapping their card on a reader at the point of sale without the need to sign or enter a pin number.
Once installed, holders of MasterCard PayPass or Visa payWave cards will be able to use the system in all Post Office Limited branches across the UK, with a limit of £20 per transaction.
The Post Office said the technology is well suited to businesses which need to offer a quick service to customers who need to make low value payments.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|