Tap-and-go at post office
Published at 14:08, Friday, 08 June 2012
The Post Office is starting the roll-out of contactless tap-and-go payment technology to its 30,000 counter positions next week.
Terminals enabling people to make small payments with just one swipe will be available across the network of more than 11,500 branches, making transactions faster and more convenient, the Post Office said.
The scheme will be launched next Wednesday in almost 200 branches around various Olympic sites and is expected to be completed by the end of October.
The Post Office said the initiative will be the largest deployment of contactless technology in Europe and will put the terminals within three miles of 99 per cent of the UK population.
Contactless schemes allow customers to make small payments by tapping their card on a reader at the point of sale without the need to sign or enter a pin number.
Once installed, holders of MasterCard PayPass or Visa payWave cards will be able to use the system in all Post Office Limited branches across the UK, with a limit of £20 per transaction.
The Post Office said the technology is well suited to businesses which need to offer a quick service to customers who need to make low value payments.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|