Stars have a magic time thanks to Askam magician
Last updated at 16:43, Wednesday, 21 November 2012
A STREET magician rubbed shoulders with some of the UK urban music scene’s biggest stars as his blossoming reputation continues to grow.
Lee Kavanagh’s dream career is taking off following his invitation to the star-studded Urban Jam concert, featuring names such as Tinchy Stryder and Chipmunk, at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.
The 21-year-old, who only seriously took up magic little more than a year ago, was given a taste of the high life as he was treated to his very own dressing room, complete with his stage name “Kavano” on the door and a wealth of complimentary drinks and refreshments.
The apprentice painter and decorator performed his bewildering tricks backstage, earning new fans such as N-Dubz member Fazer and rapper Benny Banks, who has collaborated with the likes of rap sensation and N-Dubz member Dappy.
The former Dowdales School pupil, of Askam, was even given offers to appear in a music video and is due to appear on the Sky football show Soccer AM next season.
He said: “I was performing backstage with 40 stars circled around me. They were absolutely loving it.
“Benny Banks was asking me to go on tour with him and he wants me to be in his next music video. It was crazy. It felt surreal.
“Having them come up to me and give me their time, instead of me approaching them, I was really humbled by it all.
“They want to use me for future shows. The guy who booked me, he said he heard good feedback from everybody and he was putting me on the website and said he would try and use me as a regular thing.
“Most rap artists are divas, so for them to give you their time and go out of their way to stay in touch, it was nice.
“It’s all taking off a bit now.”
First published at 16:26, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Published by http://www.askamlocal.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|