BARROW AFC became Conference North kings at Crown Meadow, but their route to the throne was anything but easy – even after going 3-0 up. (25 comments)
A TALENTED Barrow Celtic under-16s squad set off for a date with destiny 40 years ago this week. (1 comment)
FOLLOWING the death last week of popular former Holker Pioneers, Whitehaven and Walney forward Alf Woolveridge, we have unearthed some great photos of the era when he and his brothers Les and Bert played local rugby league. (1 comment)
BARROW AFC skipper Simon Grand is supremely confident he will lead a team to title glory on the final day of a regular Conference North season for the second successive year. (8 comments)
ORMSGILL North End’s first season in Saturday league football is going to finish with a cup final appearance after they beat Millom A 3-1 at Newby Terrace in the Horne Cup semi-final on Saturday.
DEAN Crossman fired Vickerstown reserves to success in the Terry Clinton Memorial Trophy final as they defeated Kirkby United 2-0 at Railway Meadow. (1 comment)
BARROW Raiders headed back to South Cumbria still in search of their first win on the road after losing 24-16 at the Racecourse Ground.
ASKAM produced a grandstand finish at Fallowfield Park to hold out against 12-man Dudley Hill side and claim a 34-32 victory.
BARROW suffered double defeat on the opening day of the Northern League season, with both their sides losing to Fleetwood.
PAUL Casson expects Barrow AFC to be fighting for a second successive promotion next season. (7 comments)
• Tweet your views ahead of Barrow AFC's big title-deciding game at Lowestoft Town using the hashtag: #uptheBluebirds
• On Saturday, tweet your match-day pictures to @DPickthallNWEM, also using the hashtag: #uptheBluebirds
• You can also email us your match-day pics to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Look out for our Barrow AFC fans' online picture galleries here on nwemail.co.uk
• Follow @steveshawNWEM to stay up to date with all the news that matters on Saturday.
CYCLIST Andy Hawdon is living his dream of being a professional cyclist – at the age of 38. (6 comments)
SCOTTISH raider Euan Thorburn produced a superb surge to claim victory in the Malcolm Wilson Rally.
DAZZLING half-back Josh Ward is hoping to see the monkey of away defeats shaken off the back of Barrow Raiders.
- Crarey wants 80-minute effort from Barrow Raiders
- Mossop ready for Barrow Raiders crusade
- Tough decision for Barrow Raiders boss on impressive rookie Toal
- Harrison fit again for Barrow Raiders
- Rampant Barrow Raiders stun Scorpions: with video & picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
THE path to success was laid out in front of eager children battling it out in the Furness Schools orienteering finals in Barrow Park.