RL vets get funding boost for Dubai trip
Last updated at 16:59, Thursday, 15 November 2012
A TRIO of rugby league stalwarts are preparing to play in Dubai later this month.
Barrow Island amateurs Craig McKinnon, Dave Wynne and Paul Dean will feature for the British Amateur Rugby League Association (BARLA) over-35s team in a nine-a-side tournament.
The three players have recently received grants of £350 from Barrow Sports Council to help fund their trip.
Barrow Sports Council Chair Tony Callister said: “In any sport and at any age, it’s a great honour to represent your country.
“At amateur level it can be very costly for the individuals. I’m pleased that Barrow Sports Council is still able to award grants to individuals to help them.”
Individuals competing at national level in any sport and seeking further information about Barrow Sports Council funding should contact secretary Emma Broadbent on 01229 407319.
First published at 16:26, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Rugby League
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|