Dalton rugby league ace scores try in front of Usain Bolt
Last updated at 15:11, Friday, 15 June 2012
Jamaica All Stars 10 BARLA Cougars 70
INTERNATIONAL RL DALTON centre Dan Sayle was among nine try-scorers as the BARLA Great Britain Cougars continued their tour of Jamaica with another victory – a game watched by double Olympic sprint champion Usain Bolt.
The Furness man crossed the whitewash in a 70-10 victory over the Jamaica Intercollegiate All Stars in Kingston.
Fellow South Cumbrians Chris Warren (Millom), Danny Morrow (Walney Central) and Jack Sutherland (Barrow Island) all came off the bench for the tourists in the victory.
With the world’s fastest man taking an interest, the Cougars were 24-4 up at half-time, with Sayle landing one memorable big hit in defence to set them on the front foot.
The Dalton player was among the scorers in the first half, taking advantage of good work by New Earswick’s Jack Sinclair and collecting a short ball to go over in the corner.
He had another score disallowed on the half-hour in a half dominated by the visitors in front of a 350-strong crowd.
Sutherland came off the bench after the break to good effect as he set up Sinclair for a try early on and did the same for Jack Ridsdill by making some hard yards up the middle of the park – that score bringing up the half-century in a convincing win.
The BARLA team take on the Jamaica national team tomorrow in the final match of their tour.
First published at 13:48, Friday, 15 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Rugby League
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (7 comments)
- Barrow Raiders send Keighley packing (2 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Care firm boss sets out stall for new Cumbria recruits (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|