Dalton rugby league ace scores try in front of Usain Bolt
Last updated at 15:11, Friday, 15 June 2012
Jamaica All Stars 10 BARLA Cougars 70
INTERNATIONAL RL DALTON centre Dan Sayle was among nine try-scorers as the BARLA Great Britain Cougars continued their tour of Jamaica with another victory – a game watched by double Olympic sprint champion Usain Bolt.
The Furness man crossed the whitewash in a 70-10 victory over the Jamaica Intercollegiate All Stars in Kingston.
Fellow South Cumbrians Chris Warren (Millom), Danny Morrow (Walney Central) and Jack Sutherland (Barrow Island) all came off the bench for the tourists in the victory.
With the world’s fastest man taking an interest, the Cougars were 24-4 up at half-time, with Sayle landing one memorable big hit in defence to set them on the front foot.
The Dalton player was among the scorers in the first half, taking advantage of good work by New Earswick’s Jack Sinclair and collecting a short ball to go over in the corner.
He had another score disallowed on the half-hour in a half dominated by the visitors in front of a 350-strong crowd.
Sutherland came off the bench after the break to good effect as he set up Sinclair for a try early on and did the same for Jack Ridsdill by making some hard yards up the middle of the park – that score bringing up the half-century in a convincing win.
The BARLA team take on the Jamaica national team tomorrow in the final match of their tour.
First published at 13:48, Friday, 15 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Rugby League
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|