Cup holders Ulverston face Pioneers test
Published at 13:12, Wednesday, 13 July 2011
CHAMPIONS Ulverston face a tough trip to Roose Pioneers as they start their defence of the Barton Townley Cup next season.
The holders were drawn away at Redwaters in the first round at the Barrow and District Rugby League AGM.
Beaten finalists Dalton are also on the road, as they travel to Millom, while Barrow Island host Walney Central and Askam welcome Hindpool to Fallowfield Park.
These games will be played on or before August 30, with clubs having to agree the dates between them and inform secretary Terry Barker by August 15. The A-teams also know who they will face in the first round of the Frank Reid Cup.
Reigning champions Walney are away at Millom, while last season’s powerhouse Ulverston – who amassed a memorable haul of four trophies – host Roose Pioneers.
The remaining two games see Dalton take on Hindpool and Barrow Island at home to Askam. The fixtures will be played on or before September 3, with clubs having to agree the dates between them and tell secretary Terry Barker by August 22.
Also at the AGM, the election of league officers took place. Peter Hornby was elected chairman, with Jos Kenley vice-chairman, Terry Barker secretary and fixtures secretary, and Jeff Coward press officer.
l A summer junior RL camp, run by GB legend Paul Sculthorpe, will take place at Barrow Island’s Rating Lane on Tuesday, August 23 and Wednesday, August 24, from 10am until 3pm on both days. It is for boys and girls, aged seven to 16. The cost is £30 per child for the two-day course
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Rugby League
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|