Cup holders Ulverston face Pioneers test
Published at 13:12, Wednesday, 13 July 2011
CHAMPIONS Ulverston face a tough trip to Roose Pioneers as they start their defence of the Barton Townley Cup next season.
The holders were drawn away at Redwaters in the first round at the Barrow and District Rugby League AGM.
Beaten finalists Dalton are also on the road, as they travel to Millom, while Barrow Island host Walney Central and Askam welcome Hindpool to Fallowfield Park.
These games will be played on or before August 30, with clubs having to agree the dates between them and inform secretary Terry Barker by August 15. The A-teams also know who they will face in the first round of the Frank Reid Cup.
Reigning champions Walney are away at Millom, while last season’s powerhouse Ulverston – who amassed a memorable haul of four trophies – host Roose Pioneers.
The remaining two games see Dalton take on Hindpool and Barrow Island at home to Askam. The fixtures will be played on or before September 3, with clubs having to agree the dates between them and tell secretary Terry Barker by August 22.
Also at the AGM, the election of league officers took place. Peter Hornby was elected chairman, with Jos Kenley vice-chairman, Terry Barker secretary and fixtures secretary, and Jeff Coward press officer.
l A summer junior RL camp, run by GB legend Paul Sculthorpe, will take place at Barrow Island’s Rating Lane on Tuesday, August 23 and Wednesday, August 24, from 10am until 3pm on both days. It is for boys and girls, aged seven to 16. The cost is £30 per child for the two-day course
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Rugby League
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|