Ulverston Golf Club Ladies Charity Open
Last updated at 17:27, Thursday, 13 September 2012
ULVERSTON Golf Club members Jill Lockett and Mary Simpson produced some superb golf to secure victory at the club’s Ladies’ Open Charity Day.
The duo finished with a brilliant total of 41 points in very tricky conditions, beating off competition from 100 players representing various clubs from Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire.
The event managed to raise £2,050 for each of the three nominated charities – Marie Curie Nurses, Sandside Lodge School and St Mary’s Hospice. This total was the result of the combined efforts of the ladies and men of Ulverston Golf Club.
Ulverston lady captain Jackie Murtagh thanked all the sponsors for their generous donations of prizes and money, and everyone who had made the event an overwhelming success.
First published at 13:12, Thursday, 13 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|