Mail backs Midnight in Cheltenham Gold Cup
Last updated at 14:30, Thursday, 15 March 2012
PUNTERS are going crazy over tomorrow’s Cheltenham Gold Cup showdown between Kauto Star and Long Run, but the Evening Mail sportsdesk are keeping their fingers crossed for a less-fancied runner.
We have teamed up with Ladbrokes Barrow to place a £25 each-way bet on 10/1 shot Midnight Chase in the highlight of this week’s racing in the West Country.
The 10-year-old finished fifth when Long Run triumphed last year, but has form on the course, having won there in good to soft conditions in January.
Deputy sports editor Paul Turner picked him over the big two and said: “I wanted a horse with a good each-way chance and both Kauto Star and Long Run were too short in the odds to make that worthwhile.
“Midnight Chase has a good record at Cheltenham and I’m hoping he can do as Imperial Commander did two years ago and upset the two favourites.”
Any money raised from the charity bet, kindly donated by Ladbrokes, will go to St Mary’s Hospice.
First published at 13:07, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|