Hawcoat Park aim for perfection at Penrith
Last updated at 15:55, Friday, 15 February 2013
A TRIP to Penrith is all that stands between Hawcoat Park and a 100 per cent record in the Cumbria League.
The runaway champions head to Winters Park with 15 wins from 15 games under their belts and the title already safely tucked away (2.15pm kick-off).
Between them and the perfect campaign are a Penrith A side with nothing to play for but pride, but with an enviable record on their home patch.
Both second-placed Windermere and fourth-placed Millom have come unstuck in the east of the county, while Hawcoat Park and runners-up chasing Silloth have still to visit.
In fact, only Furness have managed to topple the home side on their visit, with Hawcoat well aware they cannot afford any slip-ups if they are to maintain their winning run and challenge the club record of 21, from the 1987 season.
The run currently stands at 16 – including the New Year’s Day win over Furness – with a convincing 35-8 victory over Silloth last weekend their latest conquest.
Liam Ducie starts at prop tomorrow, with Mark O’Halloran coming into second row and Callum Ramsey taking his place to form a strong back row trio.
With the unavailability of Andy Graham, regular full-back Jon Moses was an easy choice after missing last week’s home game and he slots straight back into the side.
The team, as ever, will be led by the powerful Jason Priss, who will push them to their limits in pursuit of perfection.
The Hawcoat Park second team are also on the road tomorrow as they travel up the Cumbrian coast to Greengarth.
They make the trip with a strong squad led by veteran Martin Kennedy and a team which contains the likes of Adam Williamson at scrum half and Pat Samiento at prop, backed up by Steve Slater and Jason Trundle.
The Maroon and Whites should do well, even though they have not played for two weeks.
Hawcoat Park 1st XV (v Penrith A, away, tomorrow. Meet 11.30am at club for bus): J Priss, A Grainger, L Ducie, A Mowat, M O’Halloran, M Lightfoot, T Clark, C Ramsey, S Clarke, J Howden, G Kaighan, M Sayle, C Burns, G Hilton, J Moses. Replacements: C Law, Morrow, M Burrows, L Sayle, AN Other.
Hawcoat Park 2nd XV (v Gosforth Greengarth A, away, tomorrow. Meet 11.30am for mini bus and cars. Any cry-offs, call Martin Kennedy on 07926 356648): P Samiento, N Roberts, G Morgan, R Harvey, S Steele, T Dodson, M Kennedy, S Slater, M Forrester, P Steele, B Deans, J Trundle, A Williamson, R Odandi, M Heywood, J Crowe, D Jones, T Mowat.
First published at 15:52, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|