Dutch darts stars heading to Dalton
Last updated at 14:03, Thursday, 08 March 2012
DALTON will go Dutch when two of the Netherlands’ best darters visit the ancient capital of Furness.
Co Stompe and Vincent van der Voort will toe the oche against lucky members of the audience when they star in The Big Dutch Experience at Dalton Cricket Club on Friday, May 11.
World number 14 van der Voort is regarded as the fastest darts thrower on the planet, while countryman Stompe is nicknamed The Matchstick. Both have reached the quarter-finals of the world championship in recent years.
Event organiser Glenn Higgins, who recently brought Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor to Ulverston for a sell-out darts exhibition, said: “Both Co and Vincent have been on the darts scene for a long time and are very popular guys.
“With both being Dutch we intend to theme it all with the colour orange. It should be a colourful and exciting night of darts.”
Tables of 10 people cost £200, with one person from each guaranteed to play a leg of darts against Stompe or van der Voort and everyone getting a pie and pea supper.
Doors open at 6.30pm, with the action starting at 7.30pm.
To book a table or for more information contact Glenn Higgins on 07403599285.
First published at 13:03, Thursday, 08 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|