Sell-out digital conference in Carlisle
Last updated at 12:55, Saturday, 26 May 2012
More than 120 delegates are to attend a digital inclusion and broadband conference in Carlisle next week.
Organised by Carlisle City Council and Carlisle College, Wednesday’s event will look at how businesses can use digital infrastructure and technology to make the city a better place to live and work.
The digital inclusion conference will be hosted by Carlisle College between 9am and 1pm and will also focus on key issues affecting different business sectors and communities.
The event will include a keynote speech from Dominic Campbell, Director of FutureGov, and workshops based on community engagement, improving public services and promoting Carlisle.
Council leader Joe Hendry said: “Broadband provision and digital innovation will be important everywhere in the coming years but perhaps particularly so in Carlisle.
“It could well be one of the most important factors in helping existing businesses expand and new businesses develop.
“I hope this conference will provide a springboard for us to begin to seriously plan how digital technology can help us grow a stronger and more diverse economy across Carlisle. We need to develop Carlisle as a knowledge city of the future and work in partnership with the education and business sector.”
The event is fully subscribed.
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 26 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (35 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (16 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (5 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|