Sell-out digital conference in Carlisle
Last updated at 12:55, Saturday, 26 May 2012
More than 120 delegates are to attend a digital inclusion and broadband conference in Carlisle next week.
Organised by Carlisle City Council and Carlisle College, Wednesday’s event will look at how businesses can use digital infrastructure and technology to make the city a better place to live and work.
The digital inclusion conference will be hosted by Carlisle College between 9am and 1pm and will also focus on key issues affecting different business sectors and communities.
The event will include a keynote speech from Dominic Campbell, Director of FutureGov, and workshops based on community engagement, improving public services and promoting Carlisle.
Council leader Joe Hendry said: “Broadband provision and digital innovation will be important everywhere in the coming years but perhaps particularly so in Carlisle.
“It could well be one of the most important factors in helping existing businesses expand and new businesses develop.
“I hope this conference will provide a springboard for us to begin to seriously plan how digital technology can help us grow a stronger and more diverse economy across Carlisle. We need to develop Carlisle as a knowledge city of the future and work in partnership with the education and business sector.”
The event is fully subscribed.
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 26 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|