Saving our beeches
Published at 01:00, Friday, 19 October 2007
CAMPAIGNERS are trying to save threatened beech trees in Cumbria.
South Lakeland Friends of the Earth want the trees to be reclassified as new-native to prevent them being cut down.
Events to try to influence decision-makers will be held as part of National Tree Week in at the Birdcage on Finkle Street, Kendal on November 2 and at the Friends of the Rusland Beeches base near Ulverston on November 24.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Supporters uphold Lancashire tradition (61 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|