Red squirrel feeding at Grasmere
Last updated at 09:59, Wednesday, 09 May 2012
A THREATENED species has been captured on film.
Staff at the National Trust's office in Grasmere captured this bold red squirrel on camera.
A trust spokeswoman said: "This cheeky red devil has been helping himself to treats on a daily basis at the National Trust's offices in Grasmere -- but his enthusiasm almost gets the better of him!
"Chris Ward, one of our administrative team, filmed him in action and other staff are getting a glimpse of his antics as he sprints along the scaffolding which is giving him easy access to the nuts.
"We've been feeding the reds at our house, Allan Bank, in Grasmere too -- and are keeping our cameras at the ready!"
First published at 11:43, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|