Renewed push for fans to join Barrow Raiders scheme
Last updated at 16:39, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
BARROW Raiders are making another push for their Vice Presidents Scheme as they continue fundraising for new floodlights at Craven Park.
Three supporters have already invested £3,000 each in the initiative, which sees them given 10-year season tickets and match sponsorship packages, among other benefits.
The £9,000 raised from their investment will go towards the £100,000 needed by the club to erect the new lighting necessary to stay in the Championship.
Raiders are inviting anyone interested in joining the programme to meet with the directors at Sunday’s game against Whitehaven – the final pre-season clash before the start of the Championship campaign.
Media and communications director Keith Nutter said there has been great interest shown in the scheme, but so far fewer people had turned that desire into anything concrete.
“We have three Vice Presidents signed up already and a number of other supporters have expressed a definite interest in the scheme,” he said.
“The problem is none of these people have, as yet, taken the plunge and joined.
“If anybody out there is interested but has questions to ask, myself and fellow director Eric Wood (himself one of the three Vice Presidents already signed up) would be more than happy to meet with them before, during or after the friendly match against Whitehaven to discuss the scheme.
“I would like to invite fans to discuss the details with us. We will be at Craven Park from 11am onwards on Sunday and interested parties just need to call in and see us.
“They can spend some time in the boardroom enjoying the match day hospitality and I’ll answer any queries they may have.”
He added: “Anybody becoming a Vice President will be getting tremendous value for their money.
“They will also be helping ensure the long-term future of the club as every penny they pay will go towards the cost of installing the new lights.”
VICE-PRESIDENT SCHEME BENEFITS
l The title of Barrow RFC Vice President.
l A 10-year season ticket.
l A £50 voucher each year for 10 years to spend in the club shop.
l Use of a hospitality box for up to 10 persons for two matches during the membership.
l Match sponsor for one match during the membership.
l A Barrow Raiders rugby ball signed by the first team squad each year.
l A limited edition Vice President tie.
l A limited edition Vice President lapel badge.
l A signed and framed team photograph featuring themselves each year.
l A designated seat in the main stand for every game.
l An invitation to the match day hospitality room at least once per season.
First published at 16:34, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|