Four Barrow Raiders directors resign from board
Last updated at 15:39, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
THE Barrow Raiders board is down to seven members after four directors stepped down.
Vice chairman Allan Park, former chairman Jimmy Tongue, Eric Wood and David Salt, who had all been formally elected into office in December 2011, tendered their resignations following the weekly board meeting.
The departures mean there are seven men on the board led by chairman David Sharpe, with directors Andy Gaffney, Phil Heighton, Keith Holt, Geoff Worrall, Peter Hornby and Keith Nutter, with a new vice chairman expected to be appointed soon.
A club statement said: “The four resigning directors had each served Barrow RFC well over the last fourteen months and the board would like to thank each of them for their efforts during a difficult time in the club’s history.”
It went on: “A new vice chairman shall be elected in the next week or so but there are currently no plans to fill the vacancies in the boardroom. There will be no further statement from the club regarding this matter.”
First published at 15:36, Sunday, 24 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|