Barrow Raiders v Whitehaven RLFC postponed
Last updated at 09:30, Sunday, 20 January 2013
BARROW Raiders' final pre-season match, against county rivals Whitehaven, has been postponed due to a frozen pitch at Craven Park.
A 9am inspection on Sunday revealed the surface had not recovered sufficiently after several days of severe cold weather.
The majority of the surface had been playable on Saturday, with some problem areas covered in the hope they could improve overnight.
But with temperatures once more dipping below freezing on Saturday night, the early-morning inspection ruled there was no chance of the game going ahead.
Barrow's next scheduled match will now be their Championship campaign opener at Hunslet Hawks on Sunday, February 3.
First published at 09:29, Sunday, 20 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|