Barrow Raiders v Whitehaven RLFC postponed
Last updated at 09:30, Sunday, 20 January 2013
BARROW Raiders' final pre-season match, against county rivals Whitehaven, has been postponed due to a frozen pitch at Craven Park.
A 9am inspection on Sunday revealed the surface had not recovered sufficiently after several days of severe cold weather.
The majority of the surface had been playable on Saturday, with some problem areas covered in the hope they could improve overnight.
But with temperatures once more dipping below freezing on Saturday night, the early-morning inspection ruled there was no chance of the game going ahead.
Barrow's next scheduled match will now be their Championship campaign opener at Hunslet Hawks on Sunday, February 3.
First published at 09:29, Sunday, 20 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|