Barrow Raiders v Barrow and District cancelled
Last updated at 20:17, Saturday, 29 January 2011
BARROW Raiders’ final pre-season match against a Barrow and District Amateur Select has been cancelled due to a frozen pitch.
The match had been due to be played on Sunday, but the freezing conditions across Furness on Saturday meant an early decision was taken to scrap the fixture.
The club confirmed the game was called off on Saturday night, with no prospect of a thaw to make the Craven Park pitch playable.
Barrow’s next fixture will now see them start their Northern Rail Cup campaign at home against York City Knights on Sunday, February 6, 2pm kick-off.
First published at 19:49, Saturday, 29 January 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|