Question and answer meeting in Carlisle cancelled
Last updated at 14:06, Thursday, 17 January 2013
The Federation of Small Businesses has cancelled a Question Time-style event due to take place in Carlisle tonight.
North West Euro MEP Chris Davies, Cumbria County Council cabinet member Tony Markley and Carlisle City Council leader Dr Joe Hendry had been due to face questions on infrastructure issues.
In particular, the lack of investment in transport and broadband in Cumbria.
A representative of Stobart Group, which wants to redevelop Carlisle Airport, was also invited to join the panel.
However, the Federation’s Carlisle and Penrith branch has cancelled the event at Tullie House Museum for “administrative reasons”.
Julian Whittle, business editor of the News & Star, was to have chaired the Q&A session.
First published at 14:04, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Crash between driver, 84, and motorcyclist in Lindal causes delays
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Appeal after criminal damage at Barrow family centre
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|