Print company opens £750,000 factory on Carlisle industrial estate
Published at 13:51, Monday, 14 May 2012
A printing firm has opened a new £750,000 factory in Carlisle.
Print Graphic has moved into headquarters on the Kingmoor Park industrial estate.
The firm has also invested in new printing, folding and laminating machines.
Carlisle MP John Stevenson officially opened the new base.
He said: “It’s great to see a local business doing so well and having the ability to expand.
“The new factory is very impressive with high tech equipment, bringing a large investment to our city.
“Print Graphic produces a quality product and their success is testament to that.”
The firm, which employs 11 people, had been working from two sites on Warwick Road and Kingmoor Park.
The firm says it has already landed new contracts after the switch, partly because of its proximity to the Carlisle Northern Development Route (CNDR), the new relief road that drives straight through the middle of Kingmoor park.
Print Graphic chief executive Simon Rees said: “The move to Kingmoor Park was one of the best decisions I’ve made.
“We have already attracted new business from being on the site, so close to the new bypass. We run a truly chemical free printing plate, I believe that we are the only company in Cumbria to do this.”
These heady times for the company are a far cry from its lowest point – the Carlisle floods of 2005.
Then, the company had been preparing to open a new studio in the city’s Warwick Road after deciding to separate the business in to two.
But, just three weeks before it was due to open, the infamous deluge destroyed the premises, putting back its opening by more than a year. The firm has grown impressively since though and its clients have included Carlisle United FC and city butchery firm Pioneer Foodservice.
Print Graphic provides graphic design and commercial print services.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|