Prices cut and new routes added in Carlisle bus battle
Last updated at 12:51, Friday, 21 December 2012
The battle for bus passengers between Stagecoach and Reays has taken another twist.
Stagecoach has just slashed the price of the Carlisle Dayrider ticket from £2.60 to £2 until the end of February, undercutting its rival.
Meanwhile, Reays is about to launch a service from Carlisle to Workington via Thursby, Wigton, Aspatria and Maryport, in competition with Stagecoach’s 300 service.
It starts on January 7 and will provide up to six journeys each way, Mondays to Saturdays, with some additional trips as far as Wigton. Most will go via the Cumberland Infirmary, providing a direct link to the hospital from west Cumbria.
Stagecoach’s Carlisle Dayrider provides a day’s unlimited travel within the urban area of Carlisle.
Following the launch of Reays’ City Hopper network in 2010, Stagecoach cut the price to £2.90, then £2.60. Reays’ day ticket costs £2.60.
First published at 12:50, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Pirelli factory death probe ordered tougher safety measures
- See the full list of Cumbrian offences plus the latest H&S advice
- £1.7BN INVESTMENT IN CLEANING UP SELLAFIELD
- Cumbria sets up links with Chinese university
- BT to recruit engineers for Cumbrian superfast roll-out
- Carlisle's Northern Developments starts student housing build on old Tyne-Tees site
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
Coach, camping and festival tickets available
Book Now with only £45 deposit
Weston Park Staffs, 16-19 August
• Click here to order
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|
|Boosting Barrow and Furness|
|Love your life, Live your life||Community news pages - join the Facebook page for your town or village|