Prices cut and new routes added in Carlisle bus battle
Last updated at 12:51, Friday, 21 December 2012
The battle for bus passengers between Stagecoach and Reays has taken another twist.
Stagecoach has just slashed the price of the Carlisle Dayrider ticket from £2.60 to £2 until the end of February, undercutting its rival.
Meanwhile, Reays is about to launch a service from Carlisle to Workington via Thursby, Wigton, Aspatria and Maryport, in competition with Stagecoach’s 300 service.
It starts on January 7 and will provide up to six journeys each way, Mondays to Saturdays, with some additional trips as far as Wigton. Most will go via the Cumberland Infirmary, providing a direct link to the hospital from west Cumbria.
Stagecoach’s Carlisle Dayrider provides a day’s unlimited travel within the urban area of Carlisle.
Following the launch of Reays’ City Hopper network in 2010, Stagecoach cut the price to £2.90, then £2.60. Reays’ day ticket costs £2.60.
First published at 12:50, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|