Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show
Last updated at 12:50, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
AN enchanting garden, inspired by Beatrix Potter’s best loved character, has won Gold at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden won the coveted Great Pavilion award.
The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, in Bowness, joined forces with top garden designer, Richard Lucas, and plant nursery Hooksgreen Herbs to create the show-stopping garden.
The garden brings to life the drawings and illustrations from Beatrix Potter’s famous books and highlights key iconic images from the Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Operations manager at the Attraction, Matt Chubb, said: “It’s been very hard work, a long haul, but ultimately we’re overjoyed with the results.
“We have used Richard Lucas who has won gold before. He’s a brilliant garden designer however you never know, so we’re overjoyed.”
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden will feature on BBC’s The One Show tonight (TUES) and Peter Rabbit himself is due to make a guest appearance.
First published at 10:23, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
Wonderful news that The Peter Rabbit Garden has won the Chelsea Great Pavilion Award. Every Member of The Beatrix Potter Society will be very proud!
Judy Taylor, Vice-President of The Beatrix Potter Society
Registered Charity No. 281198
Make your comment
- Horses and dogs shine at Ulverston show
- Barrow worker who hit colleague with hammer faces prison
- Ulverston toilet debate continues (2 comments)
- South Cumbria farmer’s shock after savaged lambs are found by daughters
- WITH VIDEO: Facebook friends rally round to give Barrow dog life-saving surgery (1 comment)
- Cumbria GP surgeries in line for £7m cash windfall
- Barrow hospital chef appeared on TV with celebrity chef James Martin (2 comments)
- Head of pioneering Barrow school to leave his post
- Barrow pharmacist is first to prescribe drugs without the doctor
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Barrow batsman Liam targets Lancashire bow after setting world record
- Cook scoops Barrow AFC awards haul
- Hawcoat Sayle to last-day win
- De La Salle sink Furness on final day
- Crewe derail Walney Terriers
- Butler nears Barrow Raiders return
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title (3 comments)
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Park designer’s son was killed in action
- Time to get back out to the garden
- Tracking down the pals of a Furness teenage soldier
- Military honours for unknown six
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000