Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show
Last updated at 12:50, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
AN enchanting garden, inspired by Beatrix Potter’s best loved character, has won Gold at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden won the coveted Great Pavilion award.
The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, in Bowness, joined forces with top garden designer, Richard Lucas, and plant nursery Hooksgreen Herbs to create the show-stopping garden.
The garden brings to life the drawings and illustrations from Beatrix Potter’s famous books and highlights key iconic images from the Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Operations manager at the Attraction, Matt Chubb, said: “It’s been very hard work, a long haul, but ultimately we’re overjoyed with the results.
“We have used Richard Lucas who has won gold before. He’s a brilliant garden designer however you never know, so we’re overjoyed.”
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden will feature on BBC’s The One Show tonight (TUES) and Peter Rabbit himself is due to make a guest appearance.
First published at 10:23, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
Wonderful news that The Peter Rabbit Garden has won the Chelsea Great Pavilion Award. Every Member of The Beatrix Potter Society will be very proud!
Judy Taylor, Vice-President of The Beatrix Potter Society
Registered Charity No. 281198
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- Barrow AFC defender to sign new two-year deal
- Barrow AFC keeper battle to heat up
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown