Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show
Last updated at 12:50, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
AN enchanting garden, inspired by Beatrix Potter’s best loved character, has won Gold at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden won the coveted Great Pavilion award.
The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, in Bowness, joined forces with top garden designer, Richard Lucas, and plant nursery Hooksgreen Herbs to create the show-stopping garden.
The garden brings to life the drawings and illustrations from Beatrix Potter’s famous books and highlights key iconic images from the Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Operations manager at the Attraction, Matt Chubb, said: “It’s been very hard work, a long haul, but ultimately we’re overjoyed with the results.
“We have used Richard Lucas who has won gold before. He’s a brilliant garden designer however you never know, so we’re overjoyed.”
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden will feature on BBC’s The One Show tonight (TUES) and Peter Rabbit himself is due to make a guest appearance.
First published at 10:23, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
Wonderful news that The Peter Rabbit Garden has won the Chelsea Great Pavilion Award. Every Member of The Beatrix Potter Society will be very proud!
Judy Taylor, Vice-President of The Beatrix Potter Society
Registered Charity No. 281198
Make your comment
- Much-loved Barrow family man turned into firework
- South Cumbria detectives investigate two alleged assaults
- Call for new Cumbria community safety volunteers
- Man to be identified after body found on beach
- Inquest into Windermere sailor's death to take place today
- Police appeal after man attacked by three people in Barrow back street
- Zero hour changes given mixed welcome by Barrow firms
- Man swipes rucksack in Barrow
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- County Matchplay Championship title first for Ulverston golfer
- Vets comp at Ulverston Golf Club a huge success
- Defending champions Furness back to winning ways
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music