Penrith trainee wins regional joinery competition
Last updated at 11:30, Monday, 07 May 2012
A trainee joiner has hammered his way to success in a regional skills contest.
Jonathan Dinham, of Penrith, topped the joinery category in the north west heats of SkillBuild, a British trade competition.
The 19-year-old works at Woodworks in Penrith and attends Kendal College.
“I’m really proud to have won as it shows that I am one of the best trainee tradespeople in the north west, which is a huge achievement,” he said.
“The competition was really tough but it was a great chance for me to show some of the skills that I use every day and to have these recognised.
“I would definitely recommend taking part in SkillBuild as it’s great fun and you get to show off your skills to your peers, employers and the industry.”
The contest, at Burnley College last week, was one of 14 heats taking place around the UK before a UK final in September.
First published at 09:12, Monday, 07 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|