Penrith trainee wins regional joinery competition
Last updated at 11:30, Monday, 07 May 2012
A trainee joiner has hammered his way to success in a regional skills contest.
Jonathan Dinham, of Penrith, topped the joinery category in the north west heats of SkillBuild, a British trade competition.
The 19-year-old works at Woodworks in Penrith and attends Kendal College.
“I’m really proud to have won as it shows that I am one of the best trainee tradespeople in the north west, which is a huge achievement,” he said.
“The competition was really tough but it was a great chance for me to show some of the skills that I use every day and to have these recognised.
“I would definitely recommend taking part in SkillBuild as it’s great fun and you get to show off your skills to your peers, employers and the industry.”
The contest, at Burnley College last week, was one of 14 heats taking place around the UK before a UK final in September.
First published at 09:12, Monday, 07 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (35 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (16 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (5 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (17 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|