North Cumbria woman swaps baby slings for footcare
Last updated at 18:04, Friday, 04 May 2012
A businesswoman who shot to prominence after inventing a baby sling that became a worldwide hit has opted for a radical new direction – as a foot practitioner.
Claire Willis, of Cargo, near Carlisle, came up with the Snugbaby infant carrier in 2008 after struggling to keep up with her youngest son’s Josh’s demands for attention while she tried to go about her everyday tasks.
The invention won her a string of awards – including a prize in last year’s CN Group Business Awards – and was sold as far afield as Australia.
But now the mum-of-two has revealed she is executing a stunning career u-turn by launching a mobile domiciliary footcare practice.
She qualified as a footcare practitioner last month after studying for a diploma in foot health. Her background is in the health sector having graduated with a degree in ophthalmic dispensing from Bradford University.
She sold Snugbaby last month.
“After putting so much effort into studying, I am thrilled to have achieved this qualification and to be dipping my toes in the water of foot healthcare,” said Claire.
For more information visit www.carlislefootcare.co.uk
First published at 14:40, Friday, 04 May 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|