North Cumbria woman swaps baby slings for footcare
Last updated at 18:04, Friday, 04 May 2012
A businesswoman who shot to prominence after inventing a baby sling that became a worldwide hit has opted for a radical new direction – as a foot practitioner.
Claire Willis, of Cargo, near Carlisle, came up with the Snugbaby infant carrier in 2008 after struggling to keep up with her youngest son’s Josh’s demands for attention while she tried to go about her everyday tasks.
The invention won her a string of awards – including a prize in last year’s CN Group Business Awards – and was sold as far afield as Australia.
But now the mum-of-two has revealed she is executing a stunning career u-turn by launching a mobile domiciliary footcare practice.
She qualified as a footcare practitioner last month after studying for a diploma in foot health. Her background is in the health sector having graduated with a degree in ophthalmic dispensing from Bradford University.
She sold Snugbaby last month.
“After putting so much effort into studying, I am thrilled to have achieved this qualification and to be dipping my toes in the water of foot healthcare,” said Claire.
For more information visit www.carlislefootcare.co.uk
First published at 14:40, Friday, 04 May 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|