Young Millom bakers spice up lives at Christmas
Published at 16:02, Tuesday, 03 December 2013
YOUNG cookery students got the perfect chance to get into the Christmas spirit in a festive competition.
YOUNG Millom cookery students got the perfect chance to get into the Christmas spirit in a festive competition.
Millom School pupils were challenged to design and decorate gingerbread houses as part of the competition, devised by South Copeland Tourism Community Interest Company directors, Sue Day and Joan Hobbs.
The houses are on display at Millom Library, St George’s Road, and the public are being asked to vote for their favourite designs.
Ms Hobbs said: “We had the idea when we ran a competition ahead of the scarecrow festival this year, and Sue ran a competition for the students to design aprons.
“We thought the gingerbread idea would be a good way to tie in with the Christmas Lights switch-on.
“Some of the gingerbread houses are very well done and some even look professional.”
The houses will remain on display in the library until Friday, when they will be moved to the Discovery Centre. The winning pupil will receive a prize.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|