Would-be Barrow thieves scared off by dog
Last updated at 08:59, Thursday, 24 October 2013
TWO men tried to enter a property in Barrow but were scared off by the occupant’s dog.
Police said there have been a few recent sneak-in burglaries in the town.
Last night, two males were reported as acting suspiciously in the Anson Street area.
They were described as being white, aged around 20, with one wearing a dark green hoodie and the other a white hoodie.
A police spokeswoman said: “Sneak-in burglaries tend to occur during the evenings or overnight by opportunist thieves who are wandering the streets looking for insecure doors and windows.
“We would ask you to be more vigilant ensuring whenever possible that your doors and windows are locked.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101 quoting log number CP-20131023-0267, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 08:51, Thursday, 24 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|