Worker airlifted to hospital from boat off Barrow
Published at 16:24, Saturday, 01 March 2014
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a fall onboard a boat off the Barrow coast.
Liverpool Coastguard said the incident took place onboard Windsperfection, a maintenance boat for the Walney offshore windfarm, at around 2.30pm today.
Barrow inshore lifeboat team were dispatched along with an RAF rescue helicopter to the scene and the man was airlifted to the Royal Preston Hospital.
A spokesman for the coastguard service said he was unable to comment on the condition of the man but described the incident as a ‘very bad fall from height.’
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Demolition begins at Barrow shipyard as part of £300m redevelopment (7 comments)
- Barrow Raiders ban ex-coach from Craven Park (7 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction
- Police attend sudden death of man, 42, in Barrow
- Cumbria man charged with attempted rape after alleged attack on girl aged nine
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|