Work set to start on new Barrow police station
Last updated at 12:17, Thursday, 06 February 2014
WORK on a new multi-million pound Barrow police station is set to start this month.
The £8.1m station is in Andrews Way, Barrow, and staff at the firm set to start the work are said to be raring to get to work.
David Atkinson, of Thomas Armstrong Construction, based in West Cumbria, said: “Thomas Armstrong Construction is delighted to have been awarded the contract for the design and build of the new police station in Barrow.
“We’re looking forward to the project and will work closely with the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Cumbria police to deliver this exciting iconic building.”
First published at 11:58, Thursday, 06 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE 9am: Rail delays in Cumbria after person struck by train near Lancaster
- Barrow Raiders ban ex-coach from Craven Park (8 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction
- Demolition begins at Barrow shipyard as part of £300m redevelopment (7 comments)
- Axing subsidies for Cumbria bus services ‘terrible’ move
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|