Woman treated by air ambulance after she dislocates ankle in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:22, Wednesday, 19 February 2014
An air ambulance was called to Cumbria after a woman badly dislocated her ankle
Great North Air Ambulance Service was called to Outgate at about 12.20pm.
The 46-year-old woman was walking when she slipped and badly dislocated her ankle.
Air ambulance paramedics treated her at the scene along with support from Coniston Mountain Rescue Team and North West Ambulance Service.
Medics relocated her ankle using strong painkillers before she was flown to Furness General Hospital.
First published at 16:20, Wednesday, 19 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Hmmm....them hills again...and who picks up the tab for this stupid pass time?
Make your comment
- Perfect opportunity for BAE Systems Barrow recruitment fair
- Cycling stars not the only professionals hitting Barrow
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Stars in Barrow for thrilling spectacle
- Wheelbase aim to hit top gear on home soil
- Get to know whose running the show
- Millom cyclist can’t wait for race close to home
- Helping you enjoy a great day’s racing in Barrow tomorrow
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Net gain for Furness tennis players: with picture gallery
- Cup final heartache for Barrow Celtic
- Furness Future Flyers put the pedal down: with picture gallery
- Furness youngsters in national table tennis finals: with picture gallery
- Furness school athletes on track to success: with picture gallery
- Golfers tee up for £10k prize at Barrow
- Maiden win for Walney bowlers
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
- Horses ready to meet the trains
- All aboard for a free trip into bus history
- Just rabbiting on about DIY skills (1 comment)
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)