Woman pushed down stairs in Barrow street attack
Last updated at 14:53, Thursday, 10 April 2014
POLICE have appealed for information after an attacker pushed a woman down a flight of stairs in Barrow.
The victim was walking alone on Tuesday night when she was assaulted on the stairs leading from Greengate Street to Marsh Street.
The incident occurred between 10.30pm and 11.30pm.
The attacker is understood to have been riding a moped and wearing a motorcycle helmet.
The victim suffered facial injuries and bruises to her body.
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 13:03, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
How horrible! Hope the lady is ok and lets hope they catch the person who did this!
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid