Woman pushed down stairs in Barrow street attack
Last updated at 14:53, Thursday, 10 April 2014
POLICE have appealed for information after an attacker pushed a woman down a flight of stairs in Barrow.
The victim was walking alone on Tuesday night when she was assaulted on the stairs leading from Greengate Street to Marsh Street.
The incident occurred between 10.30pm and 11.30pm.
The attacker is understood to have been riding a moped and wearing a motorcycle helmet.
The victim suffered facial injuries and bruises to her body.
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 13:03, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
How horrible! Hope the lady is ok and lets hope they catch the person who did this!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders