Woman injured after collision with horse in Cumbria
Last updated at 19:33, Sunday, 08 June 2014
A WOMAN has been injured after being involved in a collision with a horse in Cumbria this afternoon.
At 3.59 pm, a 36-year-old woman was hurt on Long Marton Road in Appleby.
She was involved in a collision with a horse and was taken to Cumberland Infirmary by air ambulance with non-life threatening injuries.
Superintendent Sean Robinson said: “Long Marton Road is traditionally referred to as the ‘flashing lane’, which is used for the showing speed horses. It is closed off to motorists during the main days of Appleby Horse Fair.
“We are in the process of investigating the circumstances of the incident and appeal to anyone who was in the area to get in contact with Cumbria Police on 101 quoting reference number 262 of June 8 2014.”
First published at 19:20, Sunday, 08 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|