Woman dies following crash - Cumbria police appeal for witnesses
Last updated at 11:10, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Cumbria police are appealing for witnesses to a road traffic collision, following the tragic death of one of the drivers.
Police were called at 12.12pm on Monday February 24 to a three vehicle collision on Carleton Road, Penrith. The collision involved a blue Mercedes A160, driven by an 87-year-old woman, a white Suzuki Swift driven by a 24-year-old woman, and a silver VW Transporter driven by a 47-year-old man.
The driver of the Mercedes was Dorothy Isabel Allinson, 87, from Carleton Village, Penrith. She sustained serious injuries and was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary by ambulance for treatment. She died on Friday March 21 from her injuries.
No one else in the collision sustained any serious injuries.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area at the time who may have seen the collision to call Cumbria Police on 101 and ask for the duty sergeant at RPU. Alternatively you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:09, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|