Woman 'attacked' at Cumbria taxi rank by group
Last updated at 09:31, Friday, 10 January 2014
A WOMAN was allegedly assaulted at a taxi rank in Cumbria by a group of men and women, following an argument.
Police are investigating reports of an attack at the rank outside Carlisle Railway Station at 4.15am on December 29.
A lone female in her 20s was allegedly attacked by a number of men and women in their 20s from Wigton.
One of the men is described as wearing a dark blue jacket.
Witnesses and the taxi driver are being asked to come forward.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Cumbria Police on 101, asking for PC Nikki Yates.
First published at 09:27, Friday, 10 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|