Woman airlifted to hospital after falling in Cumbria bike race
Last updated at 11:13, Sunday, 27 April 2014
A CYCLIST who fell while taking part in a race in Cumbria has been airlifted to hospital.
The Great North Air Ambulance Service was called to Buttermere at 12.30pm yesterday, after receiving reports that a female cyclist had fallen from her bike.
The woman, from Cheshire, was assessed at the scene by paramedics and was flown to Royal Preston Hospital.
Her condition has been described as serious but stable.
First published at 16:45, Saturday, 26 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|