Woman airlifted to hospital after falling in Cumbria bike race
Last updated at 11:13, Sunday, 27 April 2014
A CYCLIST who fell while taking part in a race in Cumbria has been airlifted to hospital.
The Great North Air Ambulance Service was called to Buttermere at 12.30pm yesterday, after receiving reports that a female cyclist had fallen from her bike.
The woman, from Cheshire, was assessed at the scene by paramedics and was flown to Royal Preston Hospital.
Her condition has been described as serious but stable.
First published at 16:45, Saturday, 26 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success (4 comments)
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (13 comments)
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton
Visit our websites for...
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (203 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss attacks 'weak' players who don't deserve to be professionals (83 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (57 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (52 comments)
Choosing a pre-school
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|