Woman accused of attempting to give legal highs to Cumbria inmates due in court today
Last updated at 09:01, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
A WOMAN who allegedly tried to give legal highs and mobile phone sim cards to prisoners in Cumbria’s only jail is due to appear in court in Barrow today.
Kelly Anne Gilfoyle, of Birkenhead, will appear in Furness Magistrates’ Court charged with two counts of attempting to get prohibited articles into prison.
It’s alleged the 31-year-old attempted to get five mobile phone sim cards and 50 34g sachets of synthetic cannabis into HMP Haverigg on December 23.
Gilfoyle has yet to enter the plea to either charge.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 10 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Isn't it about time the prison was pensioned off and shut down.
It must be a nightmare to try to totally secure the perimeter fence, the location being so remote.
Lets move the prisoners closer to the cities where most of them come from, re-assign the staff to other prisons , take down those dilapidated buildings and return the site to nature.
Make your comment
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood (1 comment)
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Toal looks forward to Barrow Raiders bow
- Consistency call from Barrow Raiders boss
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Barrow Raiders need to be ruthless
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton