Woman accused of attempting to give legal highs to Cumbria inmates due in court today
Last updated at 09:01, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
A WOMAN who allegedly tried to give legal highs and mobile phone sim cards to prisoners in Cumbria’s only jail is due to appear in court in Barrow today.
Kelly Anne Gilfoyle, of Birkenhead, will appear in Furness Magistrates’ Court charged with two counts of attempting to get prohibited articles into prison.
It’s alleged the 31-year-old attempted to get five mobile phone sim cards and 50 34g sachets of synthetic cannabis into HMP Haverigg on December 23.
Gilfoyle has yet to enter the plea to either charge.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 10 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Isn't it about time the prison was pensioned off and shut down.
It must be a nightmare to try to totally secure the perimeter fence, the location being so remote.
Lets move the prisoners closer to the cities where most of them come from, re-assign the staff to other prisons , take down those dilapidated buildings and return the site to nature.
Make your comment
- Fans of Swarthmoor singer await Britain's Got Talent decision
- The ultimate guide to Kidfest in Barrow
- Police appeal after woman assaulted in Barrow
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill (2 comments)
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past