Woman accused of attempting to give legal highs to Cumbria inmates due in court today
Last updated at 09:01, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
A WOMAN who allegedly tried to give legal highs and mobile phone sim cards to prisoners in Cumbria’s only jail is due to appear in court in Barrow today.
Kelly Anne Gilfoyle, of Birkenhead, will appear in Furness Magistrates’ Court charged with two counts of attempting to get prohibited articles into prison.
It’s alleged the 31-year-old attempted to get five mobile phone sim cards and 50 34g sachets of synthetic cannabis into HMP Haverigg on December 23.
Gilfoyle has yet to enter the plea to either charge.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 10 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Isn't it about time the prison was pensioned off and shut down.
It must be a nightmare to try to totally secure the perimeter fence, the location being so remote.
Lets move the prisoners closer to the cities where most of them come from, re-assign the staff to other prisons , take down those dilapidated buildings and return the site to nature.
Make your comment
- Dalton attraction prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- Family fun at Walney Gala
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks
- Cumbria Police release CCTV images in connection with theft
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Sun comes out for South Cumbria wedding winners
- Barrow hospital prepared for inspectors after working hard to improve
- Walney pupils have their say on vision for £50k play park (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds