Woking fan arrested following Barrow AFC tie
Last updated at 14:12, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
A WOKING fan was arrested following his team’s two nil defeat on Tuesday.
Police were called to the Travelodge in Walney Road, Barrow, at around 12.30am on Wednesday.
Staff had reported a Woking fan, staying at the hotel following the club’s tie with Barrow AFC, acting abusively.
A 32-year-old Surrey man is being questioned on suspicion of criminal damage and disorderly behaviour.
First published at 13:16, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Throw the book at him. There is no need for this. What was his alcohol level? Needs to do lengthy community service painting Holker st.
Make your comment
- Barrow youngsters show they mean business
- WITH VIDEO: Barrow man jailed today for allowing two dogs to savage a sheep while pal filmed it (10 comments)
- All action from the Evening Mail’s poll vaults
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- Barrow Sea Cadets launch litter mission
- Barrow mum will tackle 40-mile walk to remember her one-year-old (3 comments)
- Child vandals hurl object at Barrow bus (1 comment)
- Millom boy's rare illness progress
- Legal high clampdown at Cumbria festival (2 comments)
- Barrow Sister Act performers show why they’re second to nun
- Defender released by Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders boss pays tribute to Danny Jones
- Haworth wants Barrow AFC deal
- Hero Declan does the trick for Cents
- Rhiann earns GB call-up as Duddon paddlers shine
- Barrow social club pockets snooker tables from mystery man
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns