Windermere ferry out of action for maintenance work
Last updated at 08:33, Monday, 28 April 2014
THE Windermere ferry is out of action from today until Saturday May 24 to allow maintenance work to take place.
The vessel, named Mallard, is receiving its five-yearly inspection and is undergoing a full out-of-the-water check.
Cumbria County Council is also investing £300,000 into a refit of the boat by updating its hydraulic system.
Windermere Lake Cruises is providing an alternative service with limited space for two bicycles at a time during the maintenance work.
The service will operate between Ferry House jetty and Pier 3 in Bowness Bay, subject to weather and safety considerations. The replacement service will operate throughout the day between 8am and 5.40pm.
First published at 08:17, Monday, 28 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|