Unmissable Cumbria: Your guide to the weekend
Last updated at 12:18, Friday, 10 January 2014
Cumbria Live’s Helen Perkins gives us the pick of five top events not to be missed in the county in the coming week.
Tails of Cumbria exhibition: Check out the first solo show for talented Cumbrian painter Jo McGrath. Her paintings run along a farm animal theme.
Check it out at the Severn Studio, at Brantwood, in Coniston. The show runs from this Saturday until March 9.
Limehouse Lizzy: For an action-packed pyrotechnic-fuelled musical show, aim for Carlisle this weekend.
Limehouse Lizzy continue to keep the spirit of Celtic rock icon Philip Lynott and his band Thin Lizzy alive, and dominating stages worldwide.
Expect attention to detail and playful audience interaction. Their show runs from 8pm, at Carlisle’s Brickyard, this Saturday.
Expert photography help and advice: Cumbrians hoping to get the most out of their new digital camera should have a go at this. Luiza Oliver will show you what settings to use in what setting.
There will be indoor and outdoor shoots, appraisals, and question and answer sessions. Refreshments and a two course lunch are included at this £55 masterclass.
It takes place at The Eden Workshop, at Plumpton, Penrith, from 10am to 3.30pm, this Saturday.
Clarinet and piano performance: Hear Kimom Parry and Tony Ingham as the talented duo perform this weekend, at Keswick’s Theatre by the Lake.
The pair will take to the stage at 7.30pm, this Sunday.
Compass Trio jazz group: Virtuosic Blackpool-based Italian guitarist Willy Fluss is set to guide a drummerless chamber-jazz trio through carefully selected pages from the Great American Songbook. Intrigued? So are we.
You can hear them play for free, at 8.30pm, on Saturday, at the Jazz Bar, Zeffirellis, in Ambleside.
Would you like your event, gig or performance mentioned in next week’s post? Make sure you add it to our Cumbria Live listings for a chance to feature for free!
First published at 12:15, Friday, 10 January 2014
Published by http://www.cumbrialive.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Man named as Windermere murder investigation continues
- Police investigating fail to stop road traffic collision in Barrow
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- Barrow teen hid bat in his shorts while on plant food
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal
- Sacrifices may be needed to save Cumbria maternity services
- Cumbria bus strike threat looms if talks over working hours fail
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- Barrow woman attacked husband after cider-drinking binge
- Barrow karate kid is magic on the mat: WITH PICTURE GALLERY
- Junior girls football league seeking to build on strong campaign
- Barrow ASC earn Diddy League title
- Cents bid to end their final hoodoo
- Furness ace Natasha scores hole-in-one
- Dalton chef Dave serves up a golfing treat
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|