Unmissable Cumbria: Your guide to the weekend
Last updated at 12:18, Friday, 10 January 2014
Cumbria Live’s Helen Perkins gives us the pick of five top events not to be missed in the county in the coming week.
Tails of Cumbria exhibition: Check out the first solo show for talented Cumbrian painter Jo McGrath. Her paintings run along a farm animal theme.
Check it out at the Severn Studio, at Brantwood, in Coniston. The show runs from this Saturday until March 9.
Limehouse Lizzy: For an action-packed pyrotechnic-fuelled musical show, aim for Carlisle this weekend.
Limehouse Lizzy continue to keep the spirit of Celtic rock icon Philip Lynott and his band Thin Lizzy alive, and dominating stages worldwide.
Expect attention to detail and playful audience interaction. Their show runs from 8pm, at Carlisle’s Brickyard, this Saturday.
Expert photography help and advice: Cumbrians hoping to get the most out of their new digital camera should have a go at this. Luiza Oliver will show you what settings to use in what setting.
There will be indoor and outdoor shoots, appraisals, and question and answer sessions. Refreshments and a two course lunch are included at this £55 masterclass.
It takes place at The Eden Workshop, at Plumpton, Penrith, from 10am to 3.30pm, this Saturday.
Clarinet and piano performance: Hear Kimom Parry and Tony Ingham as the talented duo perform this weekend, at Keswick’s Theatre by the Lake.
The pair will take to the stage at 7.30pm, this Sunday.
Compass Trio jazz group: Virtuosic Blackpool-based Italian guitarist Willy Fluss is set to guide a drummerless chamber-jazz trio through carefully selected pages from the Great American Songbook. Intrigued? So are we.
You can hear them play for free, at 8.30pm, on Saturday, at the Jazz Bar, Zeffirellis, in Ambleside.
Would you like your event, gig or performance mentioned in next week’s post? Make sure you add it to our Cumbria Live listings for a chance to feature for free!
First published at 12:15, Friday, 10 January 2014
Published by http://www.cumbrialive.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|