Wedding ring among items stolen from Barrow home
Last updated at 17:30, Sunday, 24 August 2014
A WEDDING ring and other items were taken from a Barrow home by opportunist burglars.
Thieves entered the kitchen a house in Abbey Road on Friday through an unsecured rear door while the homeowners were in another room.
Some of the stolen goods were recovered nearby after they were located by a police sniffer dog.
Other items, including a men’s 5mm gold wedding band, are still missing.
A police spokesman said: “The large majority of burglaries in this area are opportunistic. We would like to remind residents to be vigilant and keep their doors and windows locked at all time.”
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 17:29, Sunday, 24 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month (2 comments)
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark (1 comment)
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|