Warning after two burglaries in Barrow
Last updated at 12:19, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
POLICE in Barrow are warning members of the public to be vigilant following two burglaries in Walney at the weekend.
Sometime between 11am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday, offenders used a barrel snapper to gain entry to the rear door of a property in Black Butts Lane. It is unknown at this time what has been stolen.
The second burglary occurred at a property in Mallard Drive sometime between 7.30pm on Saturday and 1.30am on Sunday. Offenders have forced entry to the rear of the property by using an implement to remove the barrel from the door. Once inside a family pocket watch, a men’s watch and two wallets containing cash and bank cards have been stolen.
The two burglaries are believed to be linked.
Inspector Mike O’Hagan, of the Barrow Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “We are appealing for the public to remain vigilant as these offenders are going equipped to commit their crime. We ask that they get in touch with police at the first possible opportunity if they notice suspicious behaviour. With this information we can then act and catch those responsible.”
Anyone with information about either of the burglaries, or who notices suspicious behaviour, are asked to contact police on 101 and ask to speak to an officer at Barrow Police Station.
First published at 12:16, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|