Warning after two burglaries in Barrow
Last updated at 12:19, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
POLICE in Barrow are warning members of the public to be vigilant following two burglaries in Walney at the weekend.
Sometime between 11am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday, offenders used a barrel snapper to gain entry to the rear door of a property in Black Butts Lane. It is unknown at this time what has been stolen.
The second burglary occurred at a property in Mallard Drive sometime between 7.30pm on Saturday and 1.30am on Sunday. Offenders have forced entry to the rear of the property by using an implement to remove the barrel from the door. Once inside a family pocket watch, a men’s watch and two wallets containing cash and bank cards have been stolen.
The two burglaries are believed to be linked.
Inspector Mike O’Hagan, of the Barrow Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “We are appealing for the public to remain vigilant as these offenders are going equipped to commit their crime. We ask that they get in touch with police at the first possible opportunity if they notice suspicious behaviour. With this information we can then act and catch those responsible.”
Anyone with information about either of the burglaries, or who notices suspicious behaviour, are asked to contact police on 101 and ask to speak to an officer at Barrow Police Station.
First published at 12:16, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|