Warning after teenager gets stuck in quicksand in Cumbria
Last updated at 10:21, Sunday, 20 April 2014
RESCUERS are warning Easter sunseekers to be on their guard after a teenage boy had to be rescued after getting stuck in quicksand in Cumbria.
The 15-year-old had been trying to retrieve a ball at the shore when he became trapped up to his knees at Arnside pier, just before 11.30am yesterday.
It took three rescuers from Cumbria Fire Service and the RNLI 15 minutes to pull him free from the sand.
A spokeswoman for RNLI warned members of the public “to always be vigilant on the sands.”
The teenager is not believed to have been injured but he was taken to hospital as a precaution.
First published at 15:40, Saturday, 19 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Fury over Barrow girl's school placement (51 comments)
- Pedestrian airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries after Cumbria collision
- Barrow mum’s baby death anger
- Barrow man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill after two-hour police negotiations
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|