Walney pensioner to stand trial on drink drive charge
Last updated at 15:40, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
A PENSIONER from Walney will stand trial accused of drink driving.
Margaret Doran, of Plymouth Street, Walney, appeared in Furness Magistrates’ Court today charged with drink driving.
It is alleged Doran, 70, was over the limit on November 17 when she was stopped by police in Barrow.
Following a blood test she was found to have 199mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood, the legal limit is 80mg.
Doran pleaded not guilty to the charge and is due to stand trial in Furness Magistrates’ Court on April 1.
First published at 12:15, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Elaine’s qualifications all add up to Ulverston firm's success
- UPDATE: Coroner records a verdict of accidental death at Windermere sailor inquest
- GSK’s £350m development reaches the halfway stage
- Car damaged by falling chair in Barrow
- Teenager needed stitches after Walney assault, man arrested
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- Chance to ride route of Barrow cycle race
- Barrow boy’s family hits out at children’s services
- SLIDESHOW: Barrow photographers snap up awards for artistry
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Capital result and good time for bonding
- RAIDERS REVIEW: We need to bring in a few quality players
- Texas talks throw up Barrow AFC transfer targets
- Barrow Raiders terror trio ready to be unleashed on Coventry
- County Matchplay Championship title first for Ulverston golfer
- Vets comp at Ulverston Golf Club a huge success
- Defending champions Furness back to winning ways
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (3 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
- All aboard for a free trip into bus history
- Just rabbiting on about DIY skills
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
Visit our websites for...
- Former bank manager jailed after Carlisle detectives crack Champagne scam
- German Baroque and Spanish renaissance music in the Lakes
- Mum at baby’s bedside after A66 road crash tragedy
- Lapping concern over Carlisle United bid by ‘outsider’
- Masked robber's 'terrifying' knife point raid at Carlisle shop
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (140 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (106 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|