Village evacuated amid gas fears
Last updated at 08:48, Saturday, 10 November 2012
RESIDENTS of a Cumbrian village had to temporarily leave their homes after an accident.
A gas leak saw houses evacuated and caused problems on the roads between Arnside and Milnthorpe this morning.
Transco had to deal with a burst gas main on the B5282 outside the Ship Inn, Sandside. The incident occurred at around 2am this morning.
A local man was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a green Honda Accord crashed into the pub.
Residents in Sandside were moved to a reception centre but have now been allowed to return home.
The road was also closed temporarily however has now reopened after the scene was made safe.
First published at 08:47, Saturday, 10 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (4 comments)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|